This platform offers to the scientific community a portfolio of genomic and proteomic high-troughput techniques focused on the identification of molecular features responsible or related to pathological processes.
Due to the complexity of these techniques, we strongly recommend to contact the UAT staff before placing a service order. Statistical and bioinformatics services for experimental design, data analysis and interpretation are also available.
Services and applications:
1.Microarrays: suitable for the following studies, among others:
- Differential analysis of gene expression
- Variant detection (SNPs, CNV)
- miRNA expression
2.Next generation sequencing by pyrosequencing:
- Small genomes-whole genome sequencing
- Targeted resequencing of PCR products or pre-captured genomic regions
- Transcriptome sequencing
- Methylation studies
3.DNA sequence capture and enrichment using capture arrays, including customer-defined regions of interest (human or non-human genomes) and human whole exomes
4.Large-scale, quantitative protein profiling using reverse protein arrays
1.Two Affymetrix array systems:
- GeneChip System for cartridge arrays. Includes a Hybridization Oven 640, two Fluidic Stations 450 and a Scanner 3000 7G coupled to a computer workstation loaded with Affymetrix® GeneChip® Command Console® (AGCC) Software.
- GeneTitan Instrument for array plates. It supports gene expression and genotyping studies on 16, 24 and 96 format array plates, and combines a hybridization oven, fluidics processing and state-of-the art imaging device into a single bench-top instrument.
2.Two Roche pyrosequencers: GS FLX+ (working with a cluster HP Z800 WorkStation for data processing and analysis) and GS Junior (coupled to a HP Z400 WorkStation).
- GS FLX+: allows to obtain up a throughput up to 700 Mb per run, up to 1 Kb read length (for shot-gun libraries).
- GS Junior: the typical throughput is up to 35 Mb per run, up to 500 Mb read length.
3.Zeptosens protein array system (including one spotting Nanoplotter module and one scanning Zeptoreader module).
When requesting services for the first time, external users are asked to register following the link “Service request” located at the left side of the UAT web page. Once the user’s account is created, all the UAT services can be requested through the web page.
Due to the complexity of these techniques, we strongly recommend to contact the UAT staff before placing a service order. Statistical and bioinformatics services for experimental design, data analysis and interpretation are also available upon request