- Scanning probe microscopy (AFM, STM, LFM, MFM, EFM, C-AFM, TUNA)
- Force spectroscopy (nanomechanical properties)
Range of services
- Topographic analysis with atomic resolution
- Measurement of nanomechanical properties
- Measurement of physical properties: conductivity (C-AFM/TUNA), magnetic domains (MFM) and surface charges (EFM)
- Measurement of compositional contrast: measurement of quantitative phase and friction (LFM)
- Measurement of surface roughness on a sub-nanometric scale
- Biological sample analysis at a nano level
- Training courses for users
- Scientific study of biological samples
Examples of application
- Topography of biological samples
- 3D topography of implants
- Analysis of mechanical properties of cosmetic products
- Study of DNA, protein interaction, membranes, etc.
- Monitoring nanoparticle sizes
- Atomic force microscopes (AFM):
- Asylum Research MFP-3D
- Bruker Extended Multimode with Nanoscope IIIA controller electronics
- Bruker Multimode 8 with Nanoscope V controller electronics
- Bruker Dimension 3100 with Nanoscope IV controller electronics
- Molecular Imaging Pico SPM scanning tunnelling microscope (STM)
Any person applying for the first time for any services by CCiTUB must enter as a new user. For this purpose it is necessary to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from http://www.ccit.ub.edu/EN/m4.html. The form must be sent to
ISO 9001:2008. The CCiTUB have well-established a system of management of the quality based on the ISO norm 9001, which also satisfies the Good Manufacturing Practice requirements (GMP).
Recognition by the Food and Drug Administration as a contract laboratory to perform drug tests.
Acknowledged laboratory Register of Agroalimentary Laboratories of Catalonia.