The IdiPAZ/FIBHULP Simulation Centre offers professionals from various fields the following possibilities:
• Learning and training on the approach for patients in critical clinical conditions: cardiopulmonary resuscitation, shock of various origins, acute respiratory failure of various aetiologies, multiple trauma, arrhythmias, complicated births, difficult airways, safety, and leadership.
• Ongoing training of teams who treat patients in critical conditions: ICU, anaesthesia, emergency department, surgery.
• Learning and training on managing patients with technology-dependent conditions: mechanical ventilation, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, dialysis, haemodialysis and haemofiltration and external ventricular assistance.
• Learning and training on managing technology for diagnostic and therapeutic use: echocardiography, abdominal ultrasonography, catheterisation, laparoscopic surgery, bronchoscopy, laryngoscopy, endoscopy and colonoscopy.
• Learning the use of invasive techniques: arterial and central venous cannulation, nasogastric and vesical catheterisation, suturing, thoracentesis, paracentesis, tracheostomy, nerve blocks.
• Learning to perform a correct medical history review and physical examination and communicating and contacting patients, using actors and advanced simulators.