The Genomics Bioinformatics Service Servei de Genòmica Bioinformàtica is a research support service for all members of the UAB, both from the campus and from the “esfera”, and also for other public and private institutions.
It was created by fusioning the expertise and the equipment from two services highly interconnected, genomics and bioinformatics, in order to promote them and improve in research and innovation. The SGB has participated in a large variety of basic and applied research projects, both by performing experiments and assessing the experiment design and the analysis of results.
These are the services that we provide:
1) Collaboration in research projects about genomics and transcriptomics
2) Advising and training in those fields
3) Self-service of some SGB devices
4) Specific analysis of DNA, RNA and microarray samples
5) Bioinformatic analysis of genomic data
6) Integrated services of Molecular Biology, Genomic and Bioinformatic