- NMR spectroscopy (400-800 MHz) to study samples in solution and observe active nuclei (1H, 13C, 19F, 31P, 113Cd, 195Pt, 29Si, 15N, etc.)
- HR-MAS: NMR spectroscopy to study samples in gel and tissues
Range of services
- Structural determination of organic and inorganic compounds (small-medium molecular weight)
- One- and two-dimensional experiments (COSY, DQFCOSY, TOCSY, HSQC, HMBC, NOESY). DOSY diffusion experiments.
- Combined experiments such as HMQC-TOCSY and other heteronuclear experiments.
- Analysis of complex structures (natural products, compounds of biological interest) Multi-dimensional experiments for structural determination in proteins.
- Combined use of 1H, 13C i 15N for the study of complex molecules such as proteins through two- and threedimensional inverse detection experiments.
- Implementation of new sequences and methods; methodological development and application.
- Control of synthesis processes and/or purification of organic compounds. Determination of impurities and minority components; quantitative analyses.
- HR-MAS experiments for samples in gel or semi-solids; study of metabolites in tissues.
- Process monitoring, kinetic monitoring; variable temperature experiments.
- Determination of interactions between proteins and low-molecular weight compounds
- Work conducted in accordance with standardized procedures (SOP) for the analysis of APIs (USP, European Pharmacopoeia and ASTM standards).
- Identification of compounds, spectral assignment, reports and evaluations.
Examples of application
- NMR spectral assignment for the identification of structures.
- Heparin analysis (in compliance with FDA-USP and European Pharmacopoeia standards).
- Poloxamer analysis (according to USP procedure).
- PGLA polymer analysis (in accordance with ASTM standards).
- Identification analysis for compliance with REACH standard.
- Study of metabolites resulting from the application of an active ingredient (whether directly or through a prior HPLC system treatment).
- Quantitative analysis through the use of internal patterns.
- Determination of the degree of deuteration.
- Purity studies and studies of the composition of soluble polymers. HR-MAS experiments with tissues.
- Application of NMR in the analysis of food products (oils, dairy, juices, additives, etc.).
- Consulting and training for the optimization of the use of existing NMR instrumentation at private centres.
- Bruker Avance 800 NMR spectrometer (800 MHz) with cryprobe.
- Bruker Avance 600 NMR spectrometer (600 MHz) with cryprobe.
- Bruker Avance III 600 NMR spectrometer (600 MHz)
- Varian Inova-500 NMR spectrometer (500 MHz)
- Varian VNMRS500 NMR spectrometer (500 MHz)
- Oxford Instruments HyperSense 52-DNP-5089 hyperpolarizer
- Bruker DMX-500 NMR spectrometer (500 MHz) with HR-MAS probe
- Varian VNMRS400 NMR spectrometer (400 MHz)
- Two Varian Mercury-400 NMR spectrometers (400 MHz)
- Varian Gemini-300 NMR spectrometer (300 MHz), only 1H, 13C.
Any person applying for the first time for any services by CCiTUB must enter as a new user. For this purpose it is necessary to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from http://www.ccit.ub.edu/EN/m4.html. The form must be sent to
ISO 9001:2008. The CCiTUB have well-established a system of management of the quality based on the ISO norm 9001, which also satisfies the Good Manufacturing Practice requirements (GMP).
Recognition by the Food and Drug Administration as a contract laboratory to perform drug tests.
Acknowledged laboratory Register of Agroalimentary Laboratories of Catalonia.