The COS Metabolomics Facility performs targeted and non-targeted approaches to biological problems including:
- Metabolome profiling or global metabolomics.
- Relative and absolute quantitation of small molecules (targeted metabolomics).
Some of the applications are listed here:
- Relative and absolute quantitation of small molecules: metabolites, vitamins, drugs, antibiotics, pesticides, food contaminants.
- Analysis of complex natural product extracts,
- Structure elucidation of complex pharmaceuticals and their metabolites,
- Accurate-mass data analysis of environmental samples,
- Differential analysis to identify impurities in pharmaceuticals
- Characterization of unknown compounds,
- Forensic and toxicological screening,
- Profile-directed biomarker discovery.
- Detection of pesticides in food matrices
- Analysis of steroidal analogs
- Determination of Fatty Acid Methyl Esters (FAMEs)
- Determination of low and trace level polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in food samples
- Detection of phthalates in food
- Determination of chemical contaminants.
- Analysis of PCBs in food and biological samples
- High-throughput pesticides analysis
- PCDD/F screening at the maximum residue level for food safety analysis
- Quantitative dioxins screening at the level of interest in animal feed and food
- Determination of anabolic steroids in human urine
- Determination of organotins in water
Please contact with the project manager by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +34 977 300 431.
COS works under ISO 9001