Cytomics Unit allows multiparameter cell analysis by flow cytometry, providing a service to facilitate research in the field of biomedical and biotechnological research.
Some areas of application of this technology are:
- Detection of surface antigens, cytoplasmic or nuclear.
- Identification of cell populations.
- Measurements of cellular DNA content: cell proliferation, changes in ploidy, cell cycle.
- Cell viability and apoptosis.
- Functional status of the cell: activation (membrane potential, pH and intracellular Ca + +) and free radical production.
- Transfection efficiency.
The unit has a Gallios Beckman Coulter cytometer equipped with three lasers: 488nm (blue), 633 (red) and 405 (purple), with the ability to detect 10 fluorescence parameters and two scatter parameters
- Technical service for sample adquistion
- Technical advice for users
- Training users in cytometer use