The Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies unit (BMS&PT) provides the researchers at the CRG/PRBB and external institutions with a new, high quality technology platform to perform protein production and automated processes in the context of biomolecular and biochemical screening assays.
Through staff-assisted screening, users will have access to the equipment of the facility including liquid handlers, plate readers and the small molecule libraries.
- Full-service production of plasmid clones, mutants, fusions constructs, libraries. etc.
- High-throughput cloning
- Production of recombinant proteins and protein complexes
- Protein and antibody purification
- Biophysical characterisation of proteins and nucleic acids: SUrface plasmon resonance, Microscale thermophoresis, Isothermal Calorimetry
- Chemical library screening
- Automation of biomolecular and biochemical screening assays
- Genome editing using the Crispr-Cas9 system: Gene knockout/Knockin cell line engineering
- ÄKTA Xpress twin and ÄktaFPLC system for protein purification (GE Healthcare)
- Biacore T100
- Monolith NT.115 Thermophoresis (MST)
- VP-ITC microcalorimeter
- LabCHIP GXII
- Robotic Platform TECAN Freedom evo 200
- Robotic Platform Caliper Zephyr
- Robotic Platform Caliper Sciclone
- Biotek ELx405 washer
- Kendro Incubator
- Tecan plate reader M200
- Amaxa electroporator 96 well plate
The head of the unit should be contacted (see above) so that the project can be checked for feasibility at the site, additional requirements and its expected scope and duration. With this information a plan for project execution can be prepared and subsequently executed