Biomolecular Interaction Platform (BIP) is equipped by the following instruments:
The spectrometer presents an UltraShieldPlus™ magnet featuring a high performance Cryoprobe. The 1H, 13C, 15N, and 19F Quadrupole Cryoprobe allows the recording of 1H-19F correlation with high sensitivity.
The system allows the measuring of molecules surface affinities, and includes a CCD video camera to record images in real time from an array that can hold up to 400 Biomolecular interactions.
The equipment features two techniques: Differential Scanning Calorymetry (DSC) and Isotermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC). ITC is comprised of two equipments: one for low volume cells and a second for standard volume cells.
The bench-top MALDI-TOF equipped with reflectron enables the characterization of stable complexes with high precision. Thus the number of ligands with lower mass and 1:1 n:n complexes can be determined reliably.
This technique measures particle sizes, molecular weights and zeta potentials to determine the aggregation state of samples, the hydrodynamic radius of macromolecules and particles, and the stoichiometry interaction in protein complexes.
General Rules for Access and Use
For more information see: http://bip.ciccartuja.es/general-guidelines/
- For the first access, internal and external users must complete both User and Project Forms and send them by e-mail to the person in charge. Once authorized, internal users will be provided with a username and password to access the computer controlling the equipment. External users must complete a Sample Submission Form with information of samples and experiments to be performed for each service.
- The person in charge will assess if training is needed for users to use the services. In this context, training courses on the use of the techniques available at the BIP will be organized. To access the equipment in self-service mode, it is essential to prove the necessary training or attend the above mentioned training courses.
- Users must follow the specific guidelines for each equipment, to ensure its optimum performance.
- Projects aimed at determining 3D structures and Biomolecular interactions will be given priority in the shifts for access.
- The equipment can be used in a self-service mode or, when possible, in a technical staff-assisted mode.
- Accessories, consumables and operating expenses shall be borne by the users. If possible for individual use, users will be liable for the cost. If not possible, costs will be calculated on a pro rata basis for the time of use of the equipment.
- The pricing will be established by the time of login to the computer controlling the equipment in accordance with current rates. If the user belongs to cicCartuja, costs will be charged to the internal account number (CSIC) or organic number (US) provided in the access form. If the user is external, cicCartuja will issue the corresponding official invoice.
- In addition to the information about the experiments given in the access form, users must fill in the log book with information on experiments, parameters used, and any type of incident detected.
- Users are responsible for the integrity of their own results. The platform will not be responsible for doing back-ups of data obtained by users.